Auction Terms & Conditions ONLINE ONLY AUCTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Please read the terms carefully as they are a legal binding contract between you and Whitaker Marketing Group. To register and bid in this auction you must agree to these terms and are bound by them as a bidder.
All items are sold AS IS, WHERE IS, with NO WARRANTY expressed or implied. It is the responsibility of the buyer to determine the condition of the items and bid accordingly. All items must be considered used or previously owned property even if labeled as new in box. We cannot guarantee the item will be in full retail condition. Place your bids accordingly and read all descriptions and Terms prior to placing your bids. No refunds will be issued for any reason.
Items may appear to be grouped in a photo. Do not assume a lot consists of more than one item simply because they are connected or pictured together. Please inspect the written information and read the descriptions carefully. You are bidding on the described item not the photograph; occasionally the wrong photo may be displayed. Contact our office if you are unclear as to what is included in a lot.
If you bid on the wrong item or decide an item is not suited for you, you cannot remove or lower a bid. When in doubt about condition, completeness or suitability for intended use, ask before you bid. No bids will be removed once they have been placed.
Due diligence is the responsibility of the Bidder/Buyer. All sales are final - Buyers assume complete responsibility for care of each purchase at time of sale - that is when the bidding ends on our website and you are the high bidder.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
The most recent correspondence with buyers via email or our website take precedence over written material and any prior verbal statements.
The auction company is not responsible for accidents, thefts, errors or omissions.
The auctioneer reserves the right to add or remove items from the auction; split or combine lots; add minimum bids or reserve prices. The auctioneer reserves the right to cancel, suspend, extend or reschedule an individual item and or auction event or to make changes to the auction closing times or inspection or removal times.
BUYERS PREMIUM: A buyer's premium will be added to each purchase. For example, suppose the buyer's premium is 10%: if you bid $100.00, at checkout you will be charged $110.00. Each and every time you place a bid, you are required to confirm and agree to the total bid price of your initial bid plus buyer's premium.
AUCTION CLOSING: The closing time of this auction will be listed within the auction information page of our website. Once bidding closes, items you have won become your responsibility - make note of closing times!
This auction features EXTENDED BIDDING. Bidding will extend on a lot for TWO minutes past the closing time, if a bid has been placed on that lot within the last TWO minutes of the auction. That lot will remain open until there are no bids on that item during the extended time period. This only affects lots with last minute bids. Any lot not bid on in the last two minutes will close as scheduled. Example: If you are participating in an auction that closes at 6:00 PM and you place a bid at 5:55, that lot will extend until 5:57 p.m. and would keep extending TWO minutes after each new bid is placed. It will stop extending when no bid had been placed during the extended time period.
This auction features MAXIMUM BIDDING. This means that you can bid a higher number than the next "Asking Bid". You can place a max bid at any time in the place bid space by simply entering the highest number you want to bid. When you place a MAX BID, the current bid price will only go to the next increment, or one increment over someone else's max bid if one has been placed. The computer will bid for you in the pre-determined auction increments up to your highest dollar entered if someone else bids against you to raise you to that dollar amount.
If someone has already entered a MAX BID on an item you are bidding on, the system will automatically bid for you until you are the current high Bidder or you reach your MAX BID. If you have reached your MAX BID and are still not the current high Bidder, the system will give you the opportunity to enter another MAX BID.
Bids will be placed in the order that they are received. If 2 buyers enter a max bid of the same dollar amount, the buyer who entered his/her max FIRST will be the bidder that is in at that price. If you bid a certain amount and see that the bid is indeed that amount, but you are not the 'Winning Bidder', that means that someone else had a max bid of that amount and so their bid was placed into the system ahead of yours. The best way to know if you are out is to check your email as you should get an email every time you are outbid.
You may request out bid notices when registering for your online bidding account. You can choose to have them sent to your email, cell phone via text message or both. If you are not able to be around a computer mobile device during the closing of the auction or receive and/or read your outbid notices, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND you utilize the max bidding feature. Please remember, you can always raise your max bid, but you CANNOT lower it.
Whitaker Marketing Group is not responsible for internet malfunctions, loss of connection or system glitches that may prevent you from placing last minute bids, or receiving notices from our company. Don't wait until the last minute to bid; if the system is busy, your bids may not process within the last seconds of an auction closing.
Email Responsibility: In order to register to bid in any online auction, you must have a valid email address. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that your particular server accepts emails from our server. We use email as our primary method of communication and you will not receive any other method of bidding, registering, or invoice confirmation from our office, so make sure your emails are working. ALWAYS contact our office if you are not receiving proper emails from our company - we can help troubleshoot, but your server may not receive emails as consistently as others.
Your Bidding Profile - When you register to bid with Whitaker Marketing Group, you must create a bidding profile. This profile contains your personal information - you can always view and edit your profile by logging into our website. It is your responsibility to ensure that all the information on that profile is VALID and CURRENT. We rely on that information to contact you and process payment. Address, Phone, Billing and Email information are particularly important! If you need help logging in or resetting information in your profile, contact our office.
Viewing Past Auctions, Winning Bids & Invoices: You can always view past auctions, winning bids and invoices through our website. To view past auctions, click on the auction results tab at the top of the home page. Within any past auction, you can always see the high bid and bidder by viewing the individual lot information. You can also click on MY ITEMS and view all the individual items you have ever won through our website. Every bidder should ALWAYS know what items they have won and be able to access an invoice - no excuses tolerated!
Payment for all purchases is due immediately at the conclusion of the auction unless specifically outlined otherwise.
Valid credit card required for bidding approval. We will accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. No other payment method will be allowed unless it is specifically stated on our website. Currency: USD only
No credit card charge backs will be allowed. NO refunds will be given.
Whitaker Marketing Group will charge Purchase price, Buyer's Premium charges and any applicable handling fees to the credit card that you submit at time of registration unless you specify other payment type of Cash or Check at pickup.
If charges are declined by the credit card processor a non-sufficient funds charge of $25.00 will be charged each time processing is denied. The buyer will be notified of NSF transaction through e-mail and be given 24 hours to contact Whitaker Marketing Group with an alternative payment method.
If purchases are not settled within 24 hours of the close of the auction, they are considered in default. Upon default, the Bidder will be black listed on Whitaker Marketing Group auctions.
Payment or payment arrangements must be made prior to release of pick-up address. You cannot pickup any items that have not been paid for in full.
Any invoice over $1,500.00 will require wire transfer or certified funds unless otherwise arranged with Auction Company prior to end of sale. Credit Card will not be accepted for invoices over $1500.
Once you've paid, Whitaker Marketing Group will send you an invoice via email with confirmation of items won, the purchase total and applicable fees as well as the pickup address. You MUST bring your paid in full invoice (printer or digital) with you to claim your items. If you do NOT receive an invoice, you can find the invoice in your profile on our website. You may also contact our office to resend the invoice. It is your responsibility to ensure you have your invoice before pickup time.
PICKUP/LOAD OUT TERMS:
Winning Bidders must pick up their items at the time specified on the auction information page of our website. This is the ONLY TIME that pickup will be offered for this auction so pay close attention to the day and time. The pickup time will be listed within a reasonable time after the auction is posted for bidding.
The specific times that are listed for pickup are the strict start and end times. We will not facilitate pickup BEFORE the start time. All buyers are expected to be FINISHED removing their items by the time the pickup is scheduled to end. You need to arrive in time to pack and remove all your items before the end of pickup! We may assess a charge to any buyer that requires our staff to stay longer than the scheduled time.
If you are unable to pick up at the time listed on our website, you must send a representative to pick up for you or forfeit your items. You may be subject to a fee for leaving items behind.
The exact address of the pick-up location will be relayed to winning bidders via email with paid invoice. You are responsible for ensuring you have your paid invoice. Our office will not assume responsibility for emails that did not arrive at your server.
Any item(s) remaining after designated pick up time are considered forfeited and ownership will revert back to seller. No refunds will be given.
Items may only be removed upon receipt of payment in full. Paid in full invoice must be presented by buyer or assigned representative prior to loading items.
Any item(s) Whitaker Marketing Group has to haul from sale site due to missing pickup time or abandoning part of a purchase are subject to a $20.00+ per item hauling fee. This also applies to someone who leaves part of a lot behind without consulting the Auction Company.
Anyone who does not pick up their item(s) at the specified pick-up time is subject to a $20 convenience fee.
You MUST bring your own packing materials, moving equipment, and/or manpower required to remove your items at the specified pick up time. Whitaker Marketing Group reserves the right to charge a fee to any buyers that do not bring adequate help, requiring our staff to help move items for a buyer Whitaker Marketing Group also reserves the right to refuse to move an item that cannot be moved by the buyer him/herself. We will not wait for your additional help to arrive if it is outside the pickup times. Also, you may be asked to wait at the end of the line if you are not prepared to move or load your items in a timely manner, we may request to help those buyers who came prepared first. This policy that is designed to keep pickups speedy and efficient. We need our buyers to come prepared out of fairness to other buyers and to our seller.
If there is ANY damage done to an individual item, or the pickup location - due to the attempted removal of an item, the buyer assumes full responsibility for the damages incurred while retrieving his/her item.
Special Terms of Sale
1. All property is sold AS-IS Where-Is, and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. It is the Bidders responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. Whitaker Marketing. may attempt to describe the merchandise in advertising and on the Internet, but makes no representations. In no event shall Whitaker Marketing Group be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Bidder shall be the sole judge of value. Some items may be listed as NIB/New in Box. Every effort will be made to ensure that each item stays in the same condition that it was photographed in. However, all property is sold AS-IS, and ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
2. It is the Bidders responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. Whitaker Marketing Group shall endeavor to describe in detail each item and any pertinent information about it. Whitaker Marketing Group will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in the description of the merchandise unless it is a material and intentional misrepresentation of the item itself. Bidder agrees that everything is sold as is and that they may not return any item they purchase.
3. Whitaker Marketing Group. is providing Internet bidding as a service to Bidders. Bidders acknowledge and understand that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction close. Under no circumstances shall Bidders have any kind of claim against Whitaker Marketing Group or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the Online Auction. Whitaker Marketing Group will not be responsible for any missed bids from any source. Internet Bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged, should use the max bid feature and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction. Whitaker Marketing Group Auctioneering Inc. reserves the right to withdraw or re-catalog items in this auction.
4. The Bidder is responsible for knowing which item is being bid on. If the Bidder is unsure, they should inquire or not bid. When becoming the winning Bidder at auction, you have affected a contract and will be expected to pay for items in which you were evidenced to be the successful Bidder. Auctioneer will not honor a mistake.
5. The Auctioneer reserves the right to accept bids in any increment he feels is in the best interest of his client, the Seller. The Auctioneer reserves the right to reject the bidding of any person whose conduct, actions, or adverse comments he feels is not in the best interest of the Seller.
6. Purchaser does hereby indemnify and hold harmless Auctioneer and Seller from any and all damages, claims or liabilities from injuries to persons or property of any type whatsoever caused during the sale or by the removal of items purchased. Purchaser assumes all risk and liability whatsoever resulting from the use of the item(s) sold hereunder; and shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Auctioneer and Seller from any liability.
7. If the foregoing conditions or any other applicable conditions are not complied with, in addition to other remedies available to Auctioneer and Seller by law, including without limitation, the right to hold the purchaser liable for the bid price, the Auctioneer, at their option may (1) resell the property publicly or privately, with purchaser being liable for the payment of any deficiency plus all costs incurred, or (2) cancel the sale, retaining liquidated damages on all payments made by purchaser, Auctioneer commission and all other incidental damages will be charged.
8. Information in brochures, catalogs and other advertisements are from sources believed to be reliable; however prospective purchasers are urged to inspect the inventory or property to satisfy themselves as to condition, model, manufacturer, year, features, mileage, survey, acres, etc. Neither the Auctioneer nor our client make any guarantees and are not responsible for listing or advertising inaccuracies or discrepancies.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms